In Western societies a normal mass is considered to be <200g/day>200g and 70-90% water is usually perceived by that patient as diarrhea.
-Dr. Chris Macintosh, GI Block- Week 3
I missed writing and wanted to put up a little post to say....I'm studying! School is almost done for this term and I'm fully geared up and in exam study mode. I've decided I should at least try to cram all this information in the ol cranium. Because, you know, patients often come in with their feces in a graduated cylinder. Makes you wonder what poor summer student had to conduct that bit of research.
Anyhow, this is why I haven't been blogging. No one wants to read about this.

1 comment:
This is one of the problems with medical school.
Knowing the average mass of a stool and the liquid content that qualifies as diarrhea wil be of little use to you in your future.
Beyond the exam, that is.
Post a Comment