I opened my eyes - and all the sea was ice-nine. The moist green earth was a blue-white pearl.
-Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
Internal medicine in Nelson is legit. It's all Interesting Stuff while I'm there, but I don't have to be there for my whole life. A very good elective.-Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
My weekend started at around 1:00pm on friday and I drove home to pack up my stuff for the lake. I had hoped I would make it out to the cabin while I was home and for some reason it was ridiculously easy to convince my parents to go out there for the night. I think maybe if my mom had known the snow was still pretty deep and the entire lake was frozen over, she may not have been quite as keen. I went swimming when we went last year around this time. Regardless, it only took about an hour to walk in, and twice that long for the fire to warm up the cabin to a point where we weren't seeing our breath, but once we settled in it was quite cozy.
Here's my best Luigi impression on ice.

No comments:
Post a Comment