Sunday, July 06, 2008

ummmm........congratulations?

And count the stars
That's shining in your eye
And just to dig it all and not to wonder- that's just fine
And I'll be satisfied
Not to read inbetween the lines
-Sweet Thing, Van Morrison

I've been delaying posting for a while, because I hadn't really come up with an idea about my policy on blogging significant news before we've told people using our voices first.

Anyhow, I decided it's a good idea.

Courtney and I are getting married! We think probably next summer, but all the details are fairly loose. The wedding will be in BC though......somewhere. There is no romantic engagement story or even an engagement ring. I've already experienced a number of people being quite dissapointed in me about this (mostly Tory), but trust me, Courtney likes romance less than I do. I think she told me once that if I put a ring in a champagne glass she might puke all over me. It took us awhile to come around to the idea of actually having a wedding at all.

At any rate, advice/messages/tidings of goodwill of any kind are appreciated.

5 comments:

Jeffy said...

I'd heard about this through the usual Graham grapevine, and was going to email you and complain for not posting (or at least notifying me).

I'm sure I'll think of all sorts of sage advice between now and the time we see you in the summer, but in the meantime, you'll have to settle for congratulations, so...

Congratulations!

Cheryl said...

Great news, you guys! Can't wait to see you and offer congrats in person.

xoxox Sheesh

sarah. said...

kyle, why do you have to go all grown up on me?

i am very excited for you! even if it means another one bites the dust. :)
congrats!

xo
fleems

Kyle said...

Thanks everybody!

Lukas Neville said...

Mazel tov! I heard about this via my sister. What great news!