Monday, October 13, 2008

illegitimate child falls into well

Any chimp can play human for a day
Use his opposable thumbs to iron his uniform
And run for office on election day
Fancy himself a real decision-maker
-It's a Hit, Rilo Kiley

We spent the weekend in Vancouver for Thanksgiving. I was thankful to be home. I was also thankful to be able to go to Courtney's mom's house and enjoy a lovely dinner on saturday. All I had to do was stir some gravy. It was sweet.

As mentioned previously, Courtney is going to Mayne Island for the next two weeks, so I had to ride my motorcycle back to Duncan today in the rain. I almost didn't make it.

But that story starts in Toronto where I thought I had left my cell phone charger when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I had asked a friend from class (Rachel) who was there on elective, to go to my other friends house to pick it up for me, which she did. She got it back to Vancouver, but forgot to leave it for me there, and ended up bringing it to Nanaimo, where her parents live, as she was there visiting for Thanksgiving. So all I had to do was stop on my way to Duncan and pick it up. How convenient. Except when I showed up to get it.....
1. It was not my phone charger
2. When I returned to the motorcycle, my headlight had stopped working.

So I sat around in the parking lot of a strip mall trying to figure out how to get the light to work again. Then I tried to figure out where I was going to sleep for the night. I didn't have Rachel's phone number, but coincidentally, she is staying at my parent's house in Castlegar for the next two weeks. Thankfully, my parents still have an answering machine that plays the message aloud as it is recorded, so I was able to get a hold of Rachel and ask if I could stay at her parent's house. Anyhow, as I pulled the bike around to make my way back there, the headlight comes back to life.

So here I am in Duncan again.

But what I was going to write about is the election tomorrow.

I'm thankful for being able to vote. I think I've figured out a way to do this in Duncan, despite the Duncanites trying their hardest to prevent me from casting a ballot. So if you've forgotten- it's election day tomorrow! Get excited!

3 comments:

erin! said...

chkchkchkchkchkchk

great rilo kiley.
it reminded me to listen to that band again, thanks.

goodluck in the rain, motoman.

my friend juancarlos JUST bought a moto and so we're cruising a bit, although i am scared for my life on a motorbike in bogota.

when i get back to canada i am going to get a licence. mum will kill me.

xo!

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

I finally got it. chkchkchk. like deploying all the troops. oh stephen harper.

i don't believe you that you are getting your motorcycle license.