Wednesday, February 04, 2009

chickety chickety pow pow

but never more 'here'
expanse getting broader
though bigger boats been
done by less water
-The Tragically Hip, The Dire Wolf

Courtney has been blogging up a relative storm lately. Go check it out if you are interested in reading some of what we've been up to.

Right now, we're in Ottawa, staying with my Aunt and Uncle. It's about halfway through our interview tour, after our Ottawa U interview taking place tomorrow, we will be done 6/8 of our interviews.

So far we've been to Calgary, Edmonton, St John's, & Ottawa. We go to Kingston on friday and then finish up in Toronto before flying home on the 13th.

The interviews have gotten easier as we get more experienced. I don't think I'm necessarily getting any better, but I'm getting less anxious about them. We have learned a lot about the different programs, but don't feel that much closer to figuring out where we would like to be next year. Everywhere has it's pros and cons, and we'll haveto really decide what's important to us.

The best part of the tour is being able to get around and visit with people. By the end of these 3 weeks, I'll have had the opportunity to see most of my extended family and friends across the country. It is also a nice opportunity for people to meet Courtney before the wedding.

We've also had the chance to do some cool touristy stuff. We went to West Edmonton Mall Waterpark, stood on the most Eastern point in North America (Cape Spear), been taken on an impromptu tour of the Battery in St John's, toured the parliament buildings in Ottawa, and ran into friends in most major airports in the country. Except for the occasional stress of interviews, it's actually been a sweet vacation and a great opportunity for Courtney and I to see this big country of ours.

No comments: