Whatever, I don't really know
Flows like an immaculate goat.... what up....whatever
-Man I Used To Be, k-os
Oh goodness, exams go on. Trevor is thinking about medical school so I've been talking to him about my application days (oh my youth!) and even dug out my MED SCHOOL APPLICATIONS 2004 folder. Read through my rejection letters and what not and tried to recapture my youthful optimism. Actually I remembered that I was never that youthful, or optimistic...but you know, it's exams and I'm getting knowledge fatigue and it was good to remember how bad I wanted to be here.
Comments from my 1st (unsuccessful) UBC interview attempt:
- spoke well, direct, succinct
- confident, down to earth
- comfortable with panel
- very brief and non-descriptive answers
- did not listen to question
So I think my problem is that I get really anxious, but I'm good at not showing it. We just had our clinical exams (OSCE's) a week ago and I was quite nervous. These exams involve actors portraying patients that you have to evaluate, and physicians marking your performance. I do things to try and control it, but I always tend to get pretty worked up and forget simple things (like on one station I forgot that blood pressure was considered a vital sign). Anyhow, I think if I ACTED like how I was feeling, the examiner might think- 'hey this guy's nervous and forgot a few things, whatever', rather than 'wow, med students really are dumb nowadays'
I'm not really worried that I failed the exam, it's just embarrassing.
Flows like an immaculate goat.... what up....whatever
-Man I Used To Be, k-os
Oh goodness, exams go on. Trevor is thinking about medical school so I've been talking to him about my application days (oh my youth!) and even dug out my MED SCHOOL APPLICATIONS 2004 folder. Read through my rejection letters and what not and tried to recapture my youthful optimism. Actually I remembered that I was never that youthful, or optimistic...but you know, it's exams and I'm getting knowledge fatigue and it was good to remember how bad I wanted to be here.
Comments from my 1st (unsuccessful) UBC interview attempt:
- spoke well, direct, succinct
- confident, down to earth
- comfortable with panel
- very brief and non-descriptive answers
- did not listen to question
So I think my problem is that I get really anxious, but I'm good at not showing it. We just had our clinical exams (OSCE's) a week ago and I was quite nervous. These exams involve actors portraying patients that you have to evaluate, and physicians marking your performance. I do things to try and control it, but I always tend to get pretty worked up and forget simple things (like on one station I forgot that blood pressure was considered a vital sign). Anyhow, I think if I ACTED like how I was feeling, the examiner might think- 'hey this guy's nervous and forgot a few things, whatever', rather than 'wow, med students really are dumb nowadays'
I'm not really worried that I failed the exam, it's just embarrassing.

No comments:
Post a Comment