Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.
-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Mark Haddon
I often have issues liking things that are really popular. It's okay if they WERE really popular, but if it's a current craze, I will often have nothing to do with it. Por ejemplo, I have not read any Harry Potter novels, but love the Lord of the Rings. I'll admit it's the same with alot of the music I listen to, probably if some of the small bands I listen to got really popular I would lose interest in them, or at least I would not have gotten interested in them in the first place. I guess I am reacting to the feeling of being forcefed Top40 Hits! and The Oprah's book club, but sometimes I think I take it too far. Like I read the first part of The Curious Incident a few days ago, and it is REALLY funny, and insightful too. I just hadn't been interested in reading it because everyone told me I should.
My birthday was awesome. I had a great day and people really took wonderful care of me. I think that's why I love birthdays the most, I mean, presents can be nice, but I really enjoy the little things, like somone making lunch for you. I also wanted to send a shout out to everyone who sent me messages. Facebook really does change birthdays though. For those of you who aren't familar with this social networking program, (if those people still exist, apparently 100, 000 people sign up daily), it alerts people to the fact that it's your birthday, so you end up getting like 50 birthday messages, which is fun, but eventually just kind of weird. Before this technology, only the person who cared enough about you to either memorize your birthday or write it down could wish you a happy birthday. Now the guy I met in Australia for 3 weeks, 7 years ago sends me birthday tidings. What's wrong with this? I'm really not sure, except that it makes you feel unnaturally popular.
My birthday was awesome. I had a great day and people really took wonderful care of me. I think that's why I love birthdays the most, I mean, presents can be nice, but I really enjoy the little things, like somone making lunch for you. I also wanted to send a shout out to everyone who sent me messages. Facebook really does change birthdays though. For those of you who aren't familar with this social networking program, (if those people still exist, apparently 100, 000 people sign up daily), it alerts people to the fact that it's your birthday, so you end up getting like 50 birthday messages, which is fun, but eventually just kind of weird. Before this technology, only the person who cared enough about you to either memorize your birthday or write it down could wish you a happy birthday. Now the guy I met in Australia for 3 weeks, 7 years ago sends me birthday tidings. What's wrong with this? I'm really not sure, except that it makes you feel unnaturally popular.

1 comment:
If only everyone you know signed up for facebook, you would never forget their birthdays!
I'm glad yours was good.
Post a Comment