We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday
-We're Here for a Good Time, Trooper
I’ve been having a party at my parent’s cabin on Christina Lake since I was old enough to get out there under my own power. Over the years it has managed to accumulate a name, a trophy, numerous decorations and water toys of various sorts, as well as various traditions. Most notably, that of banning people or things from the party.Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday
-We're Here for a Good Time, Trooper
I’ve had a lot of fun over the years at this party, but I have the sense that it has perhaps run its course. This year I believe was the 10th annual Leanne Walton Invitational (LWI) and perhaps the last real one. People’s lives are changing and I’m not sure if I will have the gusto for throwing a 3 day long party in my two weeks off next summer between 3rd and 4th year. Who knows. I can see the potential for a reunion tour of sorts.
Despite a smaller number of guests this year, we had an awesome time. The wind cooperated to help the Manta fly like never before and the trampoline saw some spectacular acrobatics. I made a playlist called “singalong songs” that worked maybe too well. Check out the facebook group (if you are so inclined), to see the photos.
More updates from the med school front to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment