Thursday, October 18, 2007

organize your thoughts

They say size
Doesn't count
But my heart
Is a house
-Gang Bang Suicide, Kevin Drew


I'm done pediatrics now. I enjoyed the rotation enough to consider doing some more peds in the future. The residents work like dogs though. I'm still not sure how I feel about hard work exactly.

I have just started at Royal Columbian, the hospital in Burnaby, for internal medicine. The downside- more old people. The upside- sweet lounge with grilled cheese supplies and free cranberry juice. Yes! Also I spend an extra 2 hours/day sleeping, eating, studying rather than pressed up against the masses in a lurching bus. Also, I get to ride my bike tomorrow, which will hopefully help with my sporadic urges to jump up and down and do karate kicks. It will be good to get back in the saddle so to speak.

No comments: