Friday, December 14, 2007

imaginary fires

That's, like, a bummer man.  That's a bummer.
-The Dude, The Big Lebowski

It's Friday night and I don't have to be at the hospital tomorrow.  Woop Woop.  Not setting an alarm gets to be pretty exciting, especially when you've started to get in the habit of waking up in the middle of the night so you can climb 6 flights of stairs (there was a flood in the hospital-long story) so you can check on someone who is attempting to bleed to death.  You just don't seem to sleep as well in those situations for some reason.

Knowing that I had tomorrow off, my senior resident asked me if I had any plans for tonight. I told him I had a babysitting gig.  He thought I was joking.  I guess I've duped him into thinking I'm cool and go out with my friends or something.  Nope.  I'm at my friend Aaron's house with Courtney, looking after his 4 month old while he goes to his office Christmas party.  So far, so good-he's asleep.

On Tuesday, after the oral component of my Internal Medicine exam (not spectacular but pass worthy, I hope) I managed to burn out the hard drive on my lap top.  It's a Mac Powerbook and compared to my previous PC experiences- it has been incredibly stable.  So stable in fact, that I had been lulled into a (false) sense of security, not having backed up my photos/music/etc for about 6 months.  Apparently there is a chance they can recover the data.  I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I guess I will have to spend my time by doing things like "studying" and "the dishes" rather than reading blogs and checking the snowfall at Red Mtn.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Being lulled in life is never a good thing...ever...but, experience rules and I expect that your wisdom in life and in internal medicine has grown recently, at quite a cost for both...wisdom comes from within exhaustion at times!

Hey...BTW...you missed a museum in NY...guess you'll have to come back!!!

xo