See clearly the theory of less is more
a plant, a pet, books on a shelf
and a frame on the wall where you can picture yourself
Feng Shui, Gnarls Barkley
I usually try to keep things simple and organized so I will have more time to do the things I like to do and spend less time acquiring and maintaining possessions. I didn't do too good of a job of that yesterday when I took a bus and a skytrain out to New Westminster to buy an old Nishiki road bike. I already have a bike of course, but the thing has become a tank. I've souped it up with fenders, lights, u-lock, bell, panier rack, etc, which is convenient for commuting but can be cumbersome. Courtney's bike it quite a bit leaner, but she has to wear special shoes to ride it, so we decided to buy an old beater to share this summer, to get to the beach and what not. That's fine I guess, except now I will spend my afternoon tuning it up and getting it ready to ride instead of doing something more productive. Whoops.
a plant, a pet, books on a shelf
and a frame on the wall where you can picture yourself
Feng Shui, Gnarls Barkley
I usually try to keep things simple and organized so I will have more time to do the things I like to do and spend less time acquiring and maintaining possessions. I didn't do too good of a job of that yesterday when I took a bus and a skytrain out to New Westminster to buy an old Nishiki road bike. I already have a bike of course, but the thing has become a tank. I've souped it up with fenders, lights, u-lock, bell, panier rack, etc, which is convenient for commuting but can be cumbersome. Courtney's bike it quite a bit leaner, but she has to wear special shoes to ride it, so we decided to buy an old beater to share this summer, to get to the beach and what not. That's fine I guess, except now I will spend my afternoon tuning it up and getting it ready to ride instead of doing something more productive. Whoops.

1 comment:
Hey!
Have you considered that spending time anticipating joy can be as productive for the soul as experiencing it??? Perhaps it was an afternoon well spent!
XO Patti
Post a Comment