I don't think I want to get into the habit of just posting you tube videos instead of quotes, but I've been watching a fair bit of Flight of the Conchords lately, and I feel like I'd be robbing you if I just quoted them and didn't embed this gem.
I'm on vacation now. You might wonder how this is possible, to be on vacation in the middle of an emergency medicine rotation. I also wonder this, but it happened to me somehow. It's not really a vacation I guess, but they gave me 8 days off in a row (except for academic sessions), which I count as a legit VACATION. I'm on Day 4 right now, which might not technically counted as VACATION as I had to be in seminars for 6 hrs, but still-no showing up to a new hospital, not knowing what's going on, constantly being evaluated and critiqued by the staff, residents, nurses, patients, cleaning staff, whoever. I count that as a holiday.
I thought about going away for my vacation, but really, I was just in Castlegar for 2 weeks,an d pretty much everyone I know here is working, and I don't own a car. So my options for adventure were severely limited. It's been pretty sweet though, just having time to myself. I've gotten alot of useless tasks done. I'm trying to Carpe Diem as much as I can now, cause I'll be cursing this holiday as I'm working my night shifts directly before and after my end of rotation exam.

3 comments:
kyle i'm so glad you appreciate flight of the conchords. halarious. this is my stauffer procrastination video!
Loved the clip... will have to watch the flick!
Have I told you lately that I think you are lovely!
I tell everyone else!!!
xo Patti
No, you haven't.
Thank you!
I miss you guys. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Post a Comment