Friday, September 19, 2008

regional amnesia

Nazis. I hate these guys.
- Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade

Unfortunately, there is usually an inverse correlation with how much interesting stuff I'm doing and the frequency of my blogging. By which, you have inferred, I've been doing some cool stuff.

Brief recap.

I finished my anaesthesia elective in Halifax. I endured a fair bit of frustration to organize this, but once I showed up, everything was awesome. Things were well laid out and the people in Halifax (including the OR staff) lived up to the stereotype of being extremely friendly. I ended up mostly working with relatively new Haligonians (Myron, Konstatin, Axel, Armin) who were maybe even nicer than the natives. I got a chance to improve my technical skills, which was the main objective of my rotation and my main preceptor agreed to write a reference letter for CaRMS. Halifax is a pretty cool little city and reminded me a fair bit of Kingston. But on the ocean. Haligonians tend to be a little more relaxed, good at wearing helmets and more prone to sexual innuendo. At the end of my time in Halifax, Coco and I pretended we were 55 years old and overweight on a weekend getaway in Cape Breton. The gravy covered sandwiches and scenic walks were lovely. All kidding aside, it was a great success.

I caught a flight to Toronto on monday night and took a bus straight from the airport to Queen's campus. I was reminded about how many trucks can be on the 401 and how pretty the moon can be in Ontario. Katelyn and I went to the QP with her housemates and I relived a few memories. We made plans to see Apostle of Hustle tonight, despite her housemate's wishes to throw me a bachelor party (with all the trimmings).

I'm staying with my cousins now on a lake. I get to hang out with them when I'm not at work and the preceptor for my elective is one of my cousins- Jeffy. Needless to say this has been a pretty sweet elective so far.

The photo on the last post was the ocean on the left side of us. This a picture of the one on the right. Maybe after this winter I may have another of the one up above.

No comments: