Right now I've got a lot of work to do
I got to smooth out my edges
Eat more veges
Listen to my elders
Vibe with my peers
Confront my fears
Finish this album
- Finish this Album, Speech Debelle
I got to smooth out my edges
Eat more veges
Listen to my elders
Vibe with my peers
Confront my fears
Finish this album
- Finish this Album, Speech Debelle
Two weekends ago, we participated in Prince George's outdoor winter race called the ICEMAN which is a combo of cross country ski-run-skate-run-swim. Some people do it on their own (the real icemen/women) but most people do it as a relay. Courtney and I were on different teams and both ended up doing the skating portion of it which takes place on an outdoor oval. Many people here have these contraptions called nordic blades, which is kind of like a speed skating blade that you attach to a cross country ski boot. Both Courtney and I did it in hockey skates though, which are way slower but actually worked to our favour a little bit because it was warm and raining that day and the oval was a lake.
I'm not much into individual races but I do like a good relay. Especially the kind that involves costumes. The Iceman is great community event and there is a big banquet afterward. We found out one of our preceptors had participated in the Iceman 17 times.
We had a couple fast people on our team so we ended up doing pretty well. I'm looking forward to next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment