Smoke falls. Things are created in the violence of fire.
-Martin Amis
-Martin Amis
I decided to make my reading break 5 days long today by not going to school. I was full of energy this morning and decided not to waste it sitting in lecture. Also, it was sunny in my room, and my window faces south, so a solar powered afternoon nap was in order. Lectures can be good when I'm feeling less than enthusiastic and just absorbing a little is better than nothing, but when I'm ready to get my learn on, it's much better for me to be in charge of what goes down. Besides finally acquainting myself with the 31 brainstem slices in my neuroanatomy manual, I was able to get ready for my trip and do a few fun chores like repot my peace lily. I also spent a considerable amount of time first admiring some nice cumulonimbus clouds and then trying to figure out why they exist. I mean, if I had never been to earth before and someone asked me what would happen when water evaporated into the air, I would just assume that it would disperse uniformly, until it reached a certain concentration and then come down as rain. I really don't get why it makes such pretty white stacks with clearly defined borders. I guess I should ask the internet, but this is one those rare times for me when I prefer to wonder about it than just get the answer. I think more than anything, things like this make me realize that before you try to figure out a complex system, you better hope you understand all the variables at play, and you probably don't.
This one might take the cake for most boring post of all time. Sometimes I sit down and have no idea what I'll write and am pleasantly surprised to find out that things have happened in my life. This is not one of those times.

No comments:
Post a Comment