let's go out, we'll take no prisoners
lonely love gotta leave it behind
we look like a million dollars
every time they look at us, we'll blow their minds
-Joel Plaskett Emergency, Million Dollars
It's been longer than usual methinks. Much has transpired.
Had a great time down at Mt. Baker. Experienced a little difficulty getting up to the mountain on the first day due to a small blizzard and a red sunfire with summer tires. We made it up and experienced the gobs and gobs of fresh powder that is apparently the norm at Baker. Spent the rest of the weekend doing not a whole heck of alot. It was amazing.
As regular readers may know, I have been waiting to hear about my rural placement this summer as well as my 3rd year rotation schedule. The good news about rural is that I'm going to a small town in the north (Fraser Lake pop. 1804) and my preceptor sounds pretty cool. The bad news is that despite my hours of reading reviews and ranking locations and preceptors, I was somehow unable to ensure that all my the placements I ranked were in the june timeslot that I wanted. I got my 20th choice (the majority of the class got in their top 10), so I guess I'm unlucky and stupid. Right now I'm going in July but I'm in the process of contacting my preceptor to get it moved forward a bit if as right now, the timing precludes the canoe trip I had been planning.
In regards to the 3rd year schedule I got much luckier, winning the most coveted B4 schedule. Peds, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Derm, Optho, Elective, Emerg, Ortho, Anasthesia, Psych, Obs/Gyn. Should be sweet. Hopefully I can convice the powers at be to let me go down to Guatemala during my surgery rotation. It's a bit of a long shot.
Just discovered yesterday that the Sasquatch Music Festival is happening this year on the two days exactly after my last exam in May. YES! If I haven't asked you, and it's possible for you to come, please let me know, we'd probably like to have you along. Especially if we know you.
lonely love gotta leave it behind
we look like a million dollars
every time they look at us, we'll blow their minds
-Joel Plaskett Emergency, Million Dollars
It's been longer than usual methinks. Much has transpired.
Had a great time down at Mt. Baker. Experienced a little difficulty getting up to the mountain on the first day due to a small blizzard and a red sunfire with summer tires. We made it up and experienced the gobs and gobs of fresh powder that is apparently the norm at Baker. Spent the rest of the weekend doing not a whole heck of alot. It was amazing.
As regular readers may know, I have been waiting to hear about my rural placement this summer as well as my 3rd year rotation schedule. The good news about rural is that I'm going to a small town in the north (Fraser Lake pop. 1804) and my preceptor sounds pretty cool. The bad news is that despite my hours of reading reviews and ranking locations and preceptors, I was somehow unable to ensure that all my the placements I ranked were in the june timeslot that I wanted. I got my 20th choice (the majority of the class got in their top 10), so I guess I'm unlucky and stupid. Right now I'm going in July but I'm in the process of contacting my preceptor to get it moved forward a bit if as right now, the timing precludes the canoe trip I had been planning.
In regards to the 3rd year schedule I got much luckier, winning the most coveted B4 schedule. Peds, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Derm, Optho, Elective, Emerg, Ortho, Anasthesia, Psych, Obs/Gyn. Should be sweet. Hopefully I can convice the powers at be to let me go down to Guatemala during my surgery rotation. It's a bit of a long shot.
Just discovered yesterday that the Sasquatch Music Festival is happening this year on the two days exactly after my last exam in May. YES! If I haven't asked you, and it's possible for you to come, please let me know, we'd probably like to have you along. Especially if we know you.

2 comments:
it's funny that you used the title "peachy." i don't know what the reference is for you, but i saw a patient on friday that must have responded with, "just peachy" at least 3 times during the interview. i thought that's what you might have been referring to, but i am 99.9% sure that i didn't tell you that story. coincidence?
Hey Kyle,
I was boarding with Repta not too long ago. Good times. Also, you should visit Stanford, just so you could longboard around the place. It'd be perfect for that sorta thing. Also, San Francisco is amazing.
that is all.
Post a Comment