Wednesday, March 07, 2007

vrooooom

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe
-Albert Einstein

Just a short post tonight. Feeling sleepy.

I'm unable to change my rural practice rotation, so it looks like I'll be up north for July. This somewhat screwed up my summer plans so I'm making new ones.

Right now I'm planning on buying a motorcycle in May, driving it up to Port McNeill when Courtney goes up there for rural practice in mid-june and then taking the ferry up to Prince Rupert. I would then ride to Fraser Lake the following day to start my rural practice. This way I would have some wheels to do some exploring on the weekends. On the way down I would go through PG and southward till I got home. Anyhow, not sure how this will work. In an uncharacteristic bout of impulsivity, I went out and got my learner's license again. I got my learner's and intermediate license two summers ago on my dad's motorcycle, which was short-lived but lots of fun. Trish's brother sells motorcylces for yamaha/bmw, so I think I will go out and talk to him to see if he can give me a deal or any advice on buying a bike for the summer. I haven't really thought things through (like how much all the protective gear will cost me) but it seems like a fun plan. I initially thought about riding my bike to the ferry and from rupert to fraser lake, but I think it will be a long trip to do on my own. Who knows if it will all pan out, but for now I'm enjoying thinking about it.

No comments: