Thursday, March 15, 2007

making fun

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendia was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

My dad is coming to town this weekend and we are planning on doing some motorcycle shopping. I'm starting to really realize the impracticality of my plan, and have been considering buying an old station wagon instead, you know, something that could carry something other than me. I'm mostly afraid that I wouldn't want to get rid of a car after the summer and would be condemned to the many woes of the financially strapped car owner. We'll see.

We had our first real day of spring yesterday, it was amazing. It just smells so good here when it warms up. My bike is in the shop so I've been on my board a lot more and it's been great. The bussing has kind of got me down, but it sure is relaxing to be rolling around alot more. I sold my second to last board to a girl in my class this week which paid for my Sasquatch ticket. Only one left now and I've got a few interested parties. I hope to build some more sometime soon but it seems highly unlikely at this juncture.

A pic from wreck beach last spring.


1 comment:

Simon said...

Dear Kyle,

Did you sell my board off?

Also, I'm coming to town! For awhile this time.

Simon