I don't mind chopping wood
and I don't care if the money's no good
-The Band, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
and I don't care if the money's no good
-The Band, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
I should mention that I added a link to Trevor's website recently. Trevor (my housemate) is competing at a pretty high level in sailing. He's in Spain or somewhere at the worlds right now. If you want to give him money, please do so, especially if you happen to be a large multinational corporation. The more financial support he receives, the more he will be gone, and the more he is gone, the more I can drive his car around without him knowing. Anyhow, even if you don't want to give him money, you should check out the video on his site. The boat he races is called a 49er and it's pretty intense.
I'm going home for Easter tomorrow morning. My mom asked if I would be interested in coming home and after expressing some interest, I received my itinerary promptly. I haven't been home for easter since highschool probably, so I'm looking forward to it. We are meant to be going out to the lake to saw up some trees and turn them into firewood which should be satisfying. When your life is purely academic, it's nice to occasionally have the opportunity to see the concrete consequences of your labour. We just finished our spring ultimate season on sunday and I managed to injure my shoulder in an unsuccessful defensive dive attempt, so I'm hoping my arm will stay on as I'm swinging the axe this weekend. Also, my parent's new house is pretty done as far as I understand, so the time spent in Castlegar will be multimedia packed.
Courtney got her grandfather's car for the summer, so it looks like we will be quite mobile. Right now it looks like we will spend some time at the lake in June with maybe a kayak trip in there somewhere. I talked to my rural practice preceptor on monday and she seems really cool. She kept telling me to "prepare to have a good time", so I told her I would. She thought my motorcycle/ferry plan was a good one, so she must be cool.
Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:
How was the Gar? You have a good time and any troubles with good old Air Canada? My bro went home and nobody told me about it - guess they thought I'd be too busy with the condo reno, but still? No invite? Not even to be polite? Must be growing up time.
The gar was great. The weather was amazing. Did you buy a condo?
Post a Comment