Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.
~Peter Rothman
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.
~Peter Rothman
I love my computer. I won't disguise that part of the reason I bought a Macintosh was for the aesthetic of the machine itself and the operating system. This doesn't really strike me as weird, considering that how things look seem to be an important factor in many decisions in our lives. The look and feel of my laptop wasn't the only reason however. Whether or not the operating system is "easier" to use could be debated. I find it is hard to tell when you've been raised on PC, but the golden thing about Macs is the stability. My supervisor just got a Toshiba tablet laptop with a docking station including many bells and whistles including a finger print scanner. It's great except that it's been repeatedly freezing for the past two days. I don't know what to say to people about freezing and crashing these days, as I can no longer really sympathize with them, and have to move to the much more difficult role of empathizer, where it is all too easy to sound phony.
Regardless of how much I love this little machine, there is definitely only a certain number of hours per day I can spend with it. I am using it all day for my job. I can't describe the feeling I get these days after coming home from work, but it's definitely not pleasant.
Saw an advertisement for a Final Fantasy show that is playing Sept. Should be good. The band is essentially one man, Owen Pallett, who plays a violin. He mostly uses a looping pedal to record little bits of what he is playing and then plays on top of it. For whatever reason, I love the little symphonies looping can make at live shows. So amazing to see one person put together complex pieces of music all by themselves. Despite the lack of a mandolin, Trevor has decided to join Sarah and I for the performance.
Otherwise I had more or less a blank day. Just doing some work and sending a billion emails about the LWI.
Well, due to the aforementioned lack of interest at spending any more time in front of a screen. I'm out.

No comments:
Post a Comment