and anyway
Susan
if you like
our conversation
is as faint a sound
in my memory
as those fingernails
scratching on my hull
-The Tragically Hip, Nautical Disaster
I've been pretty affected by the shootings in Montreal. I don't think I'm able to articulate any ideas on the subject, but I'm not sure if things like this need any more commentary. I'm not sure assigning blame has ever helped anyone.
I was recently notified that a book I requested at the beginning of the summer is now available. It's a thick book called "The Great Transformation" about the beginnings of the 4 major religious and philisophical traditions. Namely, Buddhism/Hinduism, Confuscianism/Daoism, Monotheism, and philisophical rationalism. I've started reading it and it's very interesting, but I think it's going to be next to impossible to make more than a dent in it before I have to return it in two weeks.
One interesting "useless" fact I've learnt is that the word "Caucasian" is derived from the Caucasus region in Europe (it's also a mountain range), where I guess a bunch of white people came from. Right now I'm reading about the Aryans, living there around 900 BC.
Sarah, Trev, Courtney, Carolynn and I are going to see Final Fantasy tomorrow. Should be a very different type of show. Also of note, Sarah found out Gomez is coming to town and we have tickets to see them in October. Very exciting.
Susan
if you like
our conversation
is as faint a sound
in my memory
as those fingernails
scratching on my hull
-The Tragically Hip, Nautical Disaster
I've been pretty affected by the shootings in Montreal. I don't think I'm able to articulate any ideas on the subject, but I'm not sure if things like this need any more commentary. I'm not sure assigning blame has ever helped anyone.
I was recently notified that a book I requested at the beginning of the summer is now available. It's a thick book called "The Great Transformation" about the beginnings of the 4 major religious and philisophical traditions. Namely, Buddhism/Hinduism, Confuscianism/Daoism, Monotheism, and philisophical rationalism. I've started reading it and it's very interesting, but I think it's going to be next to impossible to make more than a dent in it before I have to return it in two weeks.
One interesting "useless" fact I've learnt is that the word "Caucasian" is derived from the Caucasus region in Europe (it's also a mountain range), where I guess a bunch of white people came from. Right now I'm reading about the Aryans, living there around 900 BC.
Sarah, Trev, Courtney, Carolynn and I are going to see Final Fantasy tomorrow. Should be a very different type of show. Also of note, Sarah found out Gomez is coming to town and we have tickets to see them in October. Very exciting.

No comments:
Post a Comment