Monday, November 20, 2006

chargin' the freshies

Brain : "I shall pollute the water supply with this DNAdefibuliser, turning everyone into mindless slaves."
Pinky : "What about the people who drink bottled water?"
Brain : "Pinky, people who pay 5 dollars for a bottle of water are already mindless slaves."

-Pinky & The Brain

I went up to Whistler on saturday with Trevor and met up with Cortney and Trish. Although I think my attitude has improved from the days my dad used to have to coax me away from saturday morning cartoons, I'm usually still a little reluctant to get up on the mountain. Snowboarding is an expensive sport. Never mind maintaining the appropriate gear, once you own the board/bindings/boots/jacket/pants/googles, you still have to pay $75 just to use it. Also, living in Vancouver, getting there and back usually makes the whole episode a 12 hour adventure.

Sometimes though, when the conditions are right, it's all worth it. Saturday was opening day and we managed to hit quite a bit of untouched pow-pow gnar-gnar. It was great to spend the day with Trev before he takes off to Miami for 3 months tomorrow.

We were meant to go out Saturday night and party it up, as we rarely do that anymore and wanted to have a bit of a fiesta to send Trevor on his way, but several events conspired to make the night a bust. I would go into the details, but I think I would be just about as bored writing about them as you would be reading them. That's' the thing with cities sometimes, there are a million and one great things to do, but you have to wait in line, fight the crowds and then pay an excessive amount of money to do them.

Sunday was a day of sleep, laundry, phone calls and procrastination, as it should be. Three weeks to go before end of term!

1 comment:

erin! said...

please don't even START complaining about winter sports. my students keep telling me, "if you love the snow so much you should just take your skis and skates up to the nevados and play around up there" haha right. 5100 m up, and there is still barely any snow and also i can't breathe. that's what you get for living on the equator, i guess.
oooohhhh i miss the snow, you luckyduck.