Friday, November 17, 2006

knee burn

Dude, rain is totally a state of mind
-Miles Estey

Miles and I were talking about the fact that maybe people care a little too much about getting wet, when really, it's not so bad, especially if it's en route to somewhere warm, as it almost always is. Really, though, maybe it's Hollywood and the rampant pathetic fallacy that has been socialized into us, but just as my outlook affects how I perceive rain, rain certainly affects my state of mind.

I always try to remember that old prayer about not worrying so much. It's something about asking for the power to change the things you can, the ability to accept the things you can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

I am wise enough to know that I can't change the weather, but that hasn't been stopping me from feeling the effects of constant downpour. I mean, never mind the fact that the turbid tap water is becoming increasinly siltalicious by the hour, it's just a drag to have to suit up to leave the house. I'm not talking about a little sprinkle here. It's been pouring relentlessly.

I guess, if you believe that global warming is causing some of the weirder weather we seem to be experiencing, then maybe this is something we can change, and I should just be praying for more power to effect change. Either that or praying for Tenacious D to realize their ambitions and rule the world as two kings (the second decree: no more pollution, no more car exhaust. or ocean dumpage, from now on we will all travel in tubes!.....get the scientists working on the tube technology).

Anyhow, blah, blah, blah, the rain sucks.

2 comments:

Funky T Boney said...

Rain....more like Vancouver Sunshine

And great use of the Tenacious D quote. I am pretty excited about their movie...the PICK OF DESTINY

Kyle said...

yeah man, i'm definitely going on friday. it'll probably be the best movie in the world.