Sunday, November 26, 2006

salubrious salutations

Say, any you boys Smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, are you otherwise trained in the metallurgical arts before straightened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?
Another successful weekend in Vancouver for me.

Friday night Jordan, Sarah and I tried to hit the Tenacious D movie Pick of Destiny, but were foiled by excessive traffic and a lack of parking. Again, cities are lame. We ended up renting O Brother, Where Art Thou?, a favourite of mine. Someone has described it as "the soundtrack being the product and the film the wrapping paper", which I thought was apt. I don't really enjoy the "down-homie" style of music usually, but the movie and music work so beautifully together.

It's puking outside now. Pretty awesome actually, but I'm a little worried about getting to school tomorrow. Biking is out at any rate. Last year when it snowed, I figured that shouldn't stop me from riding. It was fine at the bottom of the hill, but once I got to the endowment lands, my skinny hybrid tires did not handle the slush very gracefully. I made it without a spill, but I wouldn't count on that again.

Definitely the snow is making me think about getting home for Christmas and therefore, the amount of work I must do before that. Panic. Panic. Panic. End of Post.

No comments: