Buy me a shiny new machine
That runs on lives and gasoline
And all those batteries we stole from smoke alarms
-Reconstruction Site, The Weakerthans
That runs on lives and gasoline
And all those batteries we stole from smoke alarms
-Reconstruction Site, The Weakerthans
I'm slowly coming to realize how you have to be careful quoting song lyrics out of context. I usually find myself singing along with this line when it plays, yet looking at it now, it has lost something.
It's been a busy last 5 days, but mostly with fun things.
Jay arrived later than expected on wednesday night and Sarah and I retrieved him from the airport. I packed up on thursday morning, went to anatomy in the afternoon and hung out with Jay, Sarah and Courtney for dinner. Jordan was on a trip drinking Jack Daniels and singing karaoke with Japanese business men. If this makes you think of Lost in Translation, you're not alone. Also, I heard the other day that Scarlett Johansson is supposed to be dating Justin Timberlake. I think JT is a good guy, but I felt like S. Jo was, I don't know, sophisticated or something. I guess she is probably an actress who sometimes plays sophisticated characters.
Anyhow, Jordan went to Japan for a couple of days on a business trip. He works for a company that makes windows and doors, which I guess are probably pretty decent. Jay, Sarah and I went to the Kingshead, met up with some of his friends from Nashville and we had an enjoyable time. My sleep deprived friday morning was not as enjoyable. I made it through with a little less knowledge than I would've liked, but relatively unscathed.
I went on what is probably my last class trip ever to Apex (near Penticton) on friday after class. The weather was cold and especially windy, but the snow was the light, fluffy "champagne" powder advertised on the brochure. The groomed runs were fast and we found some softer stuff from time to time in the corners of the mountain. The theme of the weekend is "Retro 80's, and I wore my white and neon one piece again this year and again found it to be the most comfortable thing I've worn skiing/snowboarding. I'm actually thinking I might wear it on a regular basis. When coming off the mountain for the last time, a waitress from the bar offered me $15 for it. Although someone pointed out that this would be a %100 return on my investment, I couldn't part with my fluorescnet marshmallow jumpsuit. The helmet I bought was comfy and pretty warm. I also felt a bit safer flying down the groomers.
In brief, despite of a lack of fresh snow and an excess of nosebleed producing dry heat in our room, it was a well spent weekend.
It's been a busy last 5 days, but mostly with fun things.
Jay arrived later than expected on wednesday night and Sarah and I retrieved him from the airport. I packed up on thursday morning, went to anatomy in the afternoon and hung out with Jay, Sarah and Courtney for dinner. Jordan was on a trip drinking Jack Daniels and singing karaoke with Japanese business men. If this makes you think of Lost in Translation, you're not alone. Also, I heard the other day that Scarlett Johansson is supposed to be dating Justin Timberlake. I think JT is a good guy, but I felt like S. Jo was, I don't know, sophisticated or something. I guess she is probably an actress who sometimes plays sophisticated characters.
Anyhow, Jordan went to Japan for a couple of days on a business trip. He works for a company that makes windows and doors, which I guess are probably pretty decent. Jay, Sarah and I went to the Kingshead, met up with some of his friends from Nashville and we had an enjoyable time. My sleep deprived friday morning was not as enjoyable. I made it through with a little less knowledge than I would've liked, but relatively unscathed.
I went on what is probably my last class trip ever to Apex (near Penticton) on friday after class. The weather was cold and especially windy, but the snow was the light, fluffy "champagne" powder advertised on the brochure. The groomed runs were fast and we found some softer stuff from time to time in the corners of the mountain. The theme of the weekend is "Retro 80's, and I wore my white and neon one piece again this year and again found it to be the most comfortable thing I've worn skiing/snowboarding. I'm actually thinking I might wear it on a regular basis. When coming off the mountain for the last time, a waitress from the bar offered me $15 for it. Although someone pointed out that this would be a %100 return on my investment, I couldn't part with my fluorescnet marshmallow jumpsuit. The helmet I bought was comfy and pretty warm. I also felt a bit safer flying down the groomers.
In brief, despite of a lack of fresh snow and an excess of nosebleed producing dry heat in our room, it was a well spent weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment