Monday, January 01, 2007

demicentury

Rolled into Nazareth
Feeling 'bout half-past dead
Just need some place, where I can lay my head
Hey Mister! could you tell me, where a man might find a bed?
He just grinned, shook my hand, "No" was all he said
-The Weight, The Band


A new year and a new font. These are exciting times.

Happy New Year everyone! I had a fun time last night having a little party in Lise's parent's basement but I think next year I am ready to upgrade to an adult party. You know, one where you dress up a little, make appetizers and play board games. Actually, my dream for New Year's for the past couple of years has been to hike/ski into my cabin and have a little weekend retreat from the world. It has been hard to convince anyone this would be a good idea and as I own small parts of 140 cars, but not even close to a whole one by myself, it's hard to take myself on little adventures like that.

My break was great. My parents are building a new house that isn't quite finished yet, so we lived at our out-of-town family friend's house (The Waltons), which was a bit like camping, but nice and cozy. I managed to get up to the hill twice and cross country skiing up by the new house once. The weather was absolutely amazing, gobs of snow interspersed with rays of sunshine. Great to see the family, especially Tory who has been out east since last year.

Top Ten best new/rediscovered albums of 2006 (in no paticular order)

1. It's Never Been Like That- Phoenix
2. Stadium Arcadium -Red Hot Chili Peppers

3. He Poos Clouds- Final Fantasy
4. How We Operate- Gomez
5. Moondance- Van Morrison
6. Twin Cinema- The New Pornographers
7. Big Calm- Morcheeba
8. Reconstruction Site- Weakerthans
9. The Dusty Foot Philosopher- K'Nann
10. Billy Breathes- Phish

I said I would post this link for all y'all that haven't gotten your special gift yet this year. It's another SNL Digital Short.

Here's a shot of the old man from the break.

No comments: