Marvin regarded it with cold loathing whilst his logic circuits chattered with disgust and tinkered with the concept of directing physical violence towards it.
- Douglas Adams, The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy
When I was probably about 8 years old I decided if I could pick a name for myself instead of Kyle, I would pick "Marvin". I remember actually liking my name, but thought I should be prepared for the possibility that I might be asked to replace it. I'm glad that never happened. It's funny that I picked a name with an "r" in it, considering I couldn't pronounce that letter until speech therapy started at least a year later.
The return of school has received mixed reviews by me, although mostly poor. We're doing dermatology now, and even though it is quite well taught, I can't honestly say I'm enjoying it. Not alot of death and dying comparitively, but certainly no lack of graphic pictures depicting uncomfortable and nasty looking afflictions. I've been finding it a bit difficult maintaining a cheery disposition after staring at slide after slide of pathology all day. We'll be on to the wonders of neuroanatomy soon enough. I think my poor brain still thinks its on vacation and is not happy about being subjected to the gobs of info I'm trying to stuff into it already.
Jeffy took Courtney and I out for dinner on tuesday which was great. I am still enjoying the charity of the most recently made man in my extended family.
Plans for the weekend include going to costco and sweeping the house. Hopefully I'll get lots of reading done (academic and otherwise). I'm almost done hitch-hikers and hope to dig into an f. scott fitzgerald book i borrowed.
- Douglas Adams, The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy
When I was probably about 8 years old I decided if I could pick a name for myself instead of Kyle, I would pick "Marvin". I remember actually liking my name, but thought I should be prepared for the possibility that I might be asked to replace it. I'm glad that never happened. It's funny that I picked a name with an "r" in it, considering I couldn't pronounce that letter until speech therapy started at least a year later.
The return of school has received mixed reviews by me, although mostly poor. We're doing dermatology now, and even though it is quite well taught, I can't honestly say I'm enjoying it. Not alot of death and dying comparitively, but certainly no lack of graphic pictures depicting uncomfortable and nasty looking afflictions. I've been finding it a bit difficult maintaining a cheery disposition after staring at slide after slide of pathology all day. We'll be on to the wonders of neuroanatomy soon enough. I think my poor brain still thinks its on vacation and is not happy about being subjected to the gobs of info I'm trying to stuff into it already.
Jeffy took Courtney and I out for dinner on tuesday which was great. I am still enjoying the charity of the most recently made man in my extended family.
Plans for the weekend include going to costco and sweeping the house. Hopefully I'll get lots of reading done (academic and otherwise). I'm almost done hitch-hikers and hope to dig into an f. scott fitzgerald book i borrowed.

No comments:
Post a Comment