Friday, January 26, 2007

gears

Dr. Stein: Your fingers have been perfectly reattached. Go ahead and take a look.
Gob Bluth: ....my index finger and my middle finger have been...
Dr. Stein: Reversed! For the first time ever!
Resident (high fiving Dr. Stein): Good one Frank!
-Arrested Development, Sword of Destiny

I got some kind of flu on wednesday afternoon. It took care of itself pretty quickly, but I'm still having abdominal pain. I've been bothered by my abdomen for the past year or so, mostly in the morning when a dull pain wakes me up. The details are pretty boring, but I finally made an appointment with one of my old preceptors, a family doctor that works at 10th and Granville. I've found going to the doctor to be a difficult experience since I've been in medical school. I feel like the doctors I've seen think that I have "medical student syndrome". I also find it harder to take advice. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or a bad idea to see a doctor that you've worked with before. It might be nice to go see someone who you dono't know, but it seemed weird to me to pick a doctor at random. This guy is caring and thorough and he takes everyone seriously. Also, his office is on the bike route, on the way to VGH.

No comments: