Monday, January 29, 2007

alien willis

Blessed (is) the meek(s), for (he) will inherit the earth
Matthew 5:5


My friend and old housemate Mark "Meekus Milk" Medley had a list of Arch Nemeses and Foes on his door when we lived at 3 Aberdeen. I think maybe he started it when he lived in Vic Hall. At any rate, it started off as a list of people and evolved to include groups of people (ie. girls who hug the teacher), objects (I can't remember one) and events (Kyle and Adam's "Midnight" snacks). I actually think that last one was followed by a threat of violence (midnight is in quotes because the snacks were often much later). Eventually Milk started letting us write our own if we felt the need. At any rate, I'm mentioning this because if I still lived with Meeks, I would add a new item to the list- Crumbly Muffins. The problem with muffins is that they trick you into thinking they are a portable and delicious treat. While they might be delicious, they are less than portable. One (improperly packaged) muffin just exploded in my backpack today and I'm now finding sticky crumbs inbetween my notes package. yum.

I bought the Settlers of Catan this weekend, a board game introduced to me by my cousins- Sheesh and Jeffy. I used to go to their place on thursday nights, have dinner and play a round of Catan. Although I think I may have only won once, I had lots of fun playing. I was putting off buying it, hoping to make some Catan playing friends and keep my loose and carefree Catan lifestyle going, but Jordan sug
gested playing a game on Saturday night, and when we went to Drexoll Games, I caved and bought a board. I remember when Jeffy bought their board he had to order it in from Germany or something, but since that time it has become quite popular and was no trouble to find. Anyhow, Jordan, Sarah and I played twice on Saturday night- good times.

Here's a pic of Milk and my other housemate Paula in our living room at our Wanksta Party.

3 comments:

Jeffy said...

Settlers was made first in Germany, but our copy was purchased in the summer of 2003 I think in less exotic Winnipeg. We miss having you in our games, Kyle!

erin! said...

oooooosh, that was a great party. and also it was so cool that i had a real cut on my nose at the time and could wear a band aid like nelly.
talk soon.

Funky T Boney said...

Fantastic party, also, crumbling muffins are horrible. My personal vendetta is against muffins that leave too much in the wax paper cup. You know when you start tearing it off and there is a whole bunch of muffin left. You feel like its a mean trick and someone just ripped you off...bastard muffin man