Beauty is a short-lived tyranny
-Socrates
-Socrates
I'm home now for thanksgiving to an empty house. Mom and Dad are at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort with their friends Hammy and Mel and I'm back in Castlegar for Tiffany and Darren's wedding reception. Tiff and Darren are two good friends of mine from highschool who got marreid this summer in Portugal and are now having a party for all of us here.
I'm working on my own computer at the computer desk in the study and the screen saver of my parent's computer is on the photo album mode. It's a mix of nice family photos from the past couple of years and construction pictures. You go from a shot of the sun rising over ruins in Guatemala to insulation being installed in the basement, or a shot of a kitchen sink in a show home. My parents are building a new house in Castlegar, and are pretty into the whole thing right now. They recently sold the house I'm in now and a rushing to complete the new one, as the sale is effective as of December 1st.
It's a beautiful day here in the West Kootenays, making me wish I was out in the woods, but we still don't have a gift yet and need to do some shopping and card making this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow we will be in good enough shape to get into the woods. It's hard to imagine nicer weather to be outside. Warm sun, crisp air and colourful leaves. Jordan and I realized that we haven't been home during this time of year since we were in highschool.
I went to the Bodyworlds3 exhibit at Scienceworld this last thursday. It was pretty stunning, but definitely weird. Not necessarily because the exhibit is open to the public, but because the poses of the cadavers are so dramatic. It would take me a long time to describe everything, but they dissect and plastinate full cadavers in interesting ways, and them pose them in the middle of some athletic or artistic pose. Like a man walking, holding up his platinated skin in one arm, seemily pondering the nature of the body's coverings. Some people describe it as a "freak-show", but it's hard to deny the educational aspect of it, and the artistry of dissections. Anyhow, if you have the chance, and aren't morally opposed, I would recommend it.
I'm working on my own computer at the computer desk in the study and the screen saver of my parent's computer is on the photo album mode. It's a mix of nice family photos from the past couple of years and construction pictures. You go from a shot of the sun rising over ruins in Guatemala to insulation being installed in the basement, or a shot of a kitchen sink in a show home. My parents are building a new house in Castlegar, and are pretty into the whole thing right now. They recently sold the house I'm in now and a rushing to complete the new one, as the sale is effective as of December 1st.
It's a beautiful day here in the West Kootenays, making me wish I was out in the woods, but we still don't have a gift yet and need to do some shopping and card making this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow we will be in good enough shape to get into the woods. It's hard to imagine nicer weather to be outside. Warm sun, crisp air and colourful leaves. Jordan and I realized that we haven't been home during this time of year since we were in highschool.
I went to the Bodyworlds3 exhibit at Scienceworld this last thursday. It was pretty stunning, but definitely weird. Not necessarily because the exhibit is open to the public, but because the poses of the cadavers are so dramatic. It would take me a long time to describe everything, but they dissect and plastinate full cadavers in interesting ways, and them pose them in the middle of some athletic or artistic pose. Like a man walking, holding up his platinated skin in one arm, seemily pondering the nature of the body's coverings. Some people describe it as a "freak-show", but it's hard to deny the educational aspect of it, and the artistry of dissections. Anyhow, if you have the chance, and aren't morally opposed, I would recommend it.

No comments:
Post a Comment