Thursday, October 12, 2006

yogi hunters

I fell out of my stream of self consciousness, and I've got welts on my mind to signify all my accomplishments
-
Atmosphere

I'm finally getting somewhere with stretching. I have been chronically inflexible for all of my adult life. I imagine that I put one of my toes in my mouth when I was a baby and it's been downhill since then.

I've been having back pain for the last year or so and have been trying to stretch to help deal with whatever is wrong in that deep mess of muscles, discs, vertebrae and nerves.

My goal is to touch my toes. I have had this goal in the past, but any previous attempts have been arrested by a tingling sensation in my calves that I figured to be a result of the muscle lengthening faster than the nerves. This time I just kept stretching and it went away. Who knew? Anyhow, it feels great to be a bit more flexible, but, considering we are in the musculoskeletal section of school, I am wondering- why are tall people so much less flexible than short people? You would think that longer muscles might have a greater capacity to stretch, but I don't know many people over 6 feet that can touch their toes, unless they are training themselves.

I'm interested in getting into yoga, but am scared of the fees. And the lululemon and fitting into stereotypes, but mostly the cost. The kits.life.style doesnt't come cheap.

No comments: