Sunday, October 01, 2006

walking through water

I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighbourhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land
-Jon Stewart

Trevor is just heading to bed. On friday, he gave me a horse chestnut for some reason I haven't figured out yet. Today, I found myself underneath a horsechestnut tree while playing a round of frisbee-golf and picked up a cargo-pocketful of chestnuts that I have hidden under his pillow. Just waiting for the reaction.

I've played frisbee golf a few times since I've lived in Vancouver and I have to say, I don't like it that much. Cortney is quite good at it, owns a little bag with an assortment of golf discs and is usually the impetus for me to play. Actually, he is always the impetus for me to play. It was nice to get outside today, cause I was studying, and it may have been the best day for weather all year. Clear, crisp autumn air with some nice warm sunshine. Autumn just smells good, even in the city. I have the same problems with frisbee golf as I do with regular golf...mostly getting frustrated at the object not going where I wanted to propel it. I've realized I'm just not good at making shots. Darts, curling, baseball, pool. Any game that focuses on isolated opportunities to hit/throw something- not my game.

I found myself wishing we could be playing real frisbee, with nice big discs that float and are easy to catch. Especially when I hooked a drive left, the disc bounced off the road and into a white corolla with an elderlly asian man inside. He got out, I apologized and felt relieved when I saw no marks on his car. I'm not sure if he understood anything I said, but I sure didn't understand anything he said. Anyhow, I stood there for about 5 minutes while he inspected his car but eventually had to go. The frisbee must've made such a loud noise when it hit that we was sure there was damage, because about 10 minutes after I left, he was still hunched over, inspecting every inch of his car.

Still no reaction from Trevor, but I'm tired, and can't wait any longer. Lise and Trish made a turkey dinner tonight. One week from Thanksgiving. I'm not exactly sure why, but it was really good.

No comments: