you don't need double talk, you need Bob Loblaw
- Scott Baio, Arrested Development
- Scott Baio, Arrested Development
Ran into my old next door neighbour from 1st Ave today on my ride home. I was waiting at a traffic light, listening to this woman describe an accident to a police officer. Halfway through her description, she looked at me and said "are you Kyle Merritt?", and then told me to hold on. So I waited while she finished with the cop, still not really sure who she was until she took off her sunglasses. Anyhow, we talked about the time I got hit in the face with a baseball bat, she introduced me to her husband, I rode home. It must be at least 10 years since I saw her last.
I had a similar experience in the summer at a bar, where I ran into this guy I knew in residence in first year. It was especially weird, because there is this guy in my class now who shares a number of characteristics with him and I guess my memory of my friend from 1st year had melded into my new friend from medicine. One is named Danny Bay, the other Danny French. They are both from the east, both did a degree in engineering, are approximately the same height and build, and even have a similar sense of humour. It's weird. Anyhow, I always find it hard, when you run into someone like that. I always feel like it is such a coincidence, that something should come of it. Inevitably there is a quick catch up on the main details of life and you part ways, sometimes exchanging numbers, but most of the time both realizing that the chance encounter will be it. I don't know why I suppose that it should happen any other way.
I had a similar experience in the summer at a bar, where I ran into this guy I knew in residence in first year. It was especially weird, because there is this guy in my class now who shares a number of characteristics with him and I guess my memory of my friend from 1st year had melded into my new friend from medicine. One is named Danny Bay, the other Danny French. They are both from the east, both did a degree in engineering, are approximately the same height and build, and even have a similar sense of humour. It's weird. Anyhow, I always find it hard, when you run into someone like that. I always feel like it is such a coincidence, that something should come of it. Inevitably there is a quick catch up on the main details of life and you part ways, sometimes exchanging numbers, but most of the time both realizing that the chance encounter will be it. I don't know why I suppose that it should happen any other way.

No comments:
Post a Comment