Friday, July 07, 2006

4 inch non-stop begonia

"It's just, when you buy furniture, you tell yourself, that's it. That's the last sofa I'm gonna need. Whatever else happens, I've got that sofa problem handled. "

-The Narrator
(Fight Club)

I'm going to work today, which is kind of optional on fridays. I have things to do there, so I might as well....it's not like I would have the slightest inkling of what to do with myself otherwise.

Courtney (and Cortney for that matter) came over last nigh
t and we had a good talk. I feel like when that sort of thing happens, the subject matter covered here becomes much less immediate. Cortney came over to look over my recently purchased book-103 hikes. (We are planning on doing one tommorrow). I'm excited about getting up another mountain. It's fun to explore the area you live in. Find out the names of the mountains and the ranges they belong to. I can't help but realize that part of me has some ambition to try and climb all the hikes in the book. Kind of ridiculous, like those people who have "life-lists" for bird watching or scuba diving or for their life in general. There is this story my friend Gill told me once of this guy who wrote down a hundred things he wanted to do before he died when he as like 15 years old or something and is now 60 and almost done the list. It has things on it like "summit the 6 highest peaks in the world" & "swim with great white sharks", etc. I'll try and find it online today and post it later.

The weather has gotten kind of overcast and colder. That's fine, but I would prefer some precipitation. I live in Vancouver and I'm missing the rain. In the winter this year, apparently the city almost broke it's own record for the number of consecutive days of rain (29 days). Everyone was talking about it. It was enough to make you hope it didn't let up just so you could break that record. Anyhow, it didn't rain at the airport one day and we didn't make it. It still rained in my neighbourhood, however, so although the official record wasn't broken, I like to think that we made it.

Here's a photo I'm posting of my own visag
e so that I can put it in my profile. Just to make sure you know who's talking to you.



No comments: