yet now that I recall all the circumstances, I think I can see a little in to the springs and motives which being cunningly presented to me under various disguises, induced me to set about performing the part I did, besisdes cajoling me into the delusion that it was a choice resulting from my own unbiased freewill
-Ishmael (Moby Dick)
-Ishmael (Moby Dick)
It's friday today so I'm at home...trying vainly to finish Moby Dick before it's due back at the library. I'm only halfway done the epic tale of Ishmael and Ahab, but alas, o Fate!....someone else has requested it. Perhaps it is the Leviathan himself, aiming his portentious bulk at the untimely withdrawl of my renewing privledges.
Almost forgot another appointment yesterday, but made it in on time to meet with the midwifery student who is doing a research project on patient educators. It was nice to be able to get a better sense of what midwives do and how they are trained.
I spent the afternoon in clinic. Thursday is obstetrics so I got to do some prenatal check-ups. It's amazing how different family practice can be depending on the patient population you are working for. We had a few complicated patients and the resident I was working with had just come off call and was a bit zombied, but I feel like I learnt alot.
Ever since Coco gave Trevor a plant for his birthday and Jordan left his plants here for the summer, I've become very interested in growing them. I've started several new plants from pieces of existing ones and just started a new avocado seed last night. I've always liked having plants around and watching them grow, but I think that at some point during my time spent in the ghetto, I supressed this urge due to the impractical nature of the operation. Anyhow, it's been a nice little activity these days to help me feel productive.
No real plans for the weekend. I finally got the rain I wanted a few days ago but now it is just GLOOMY. As long as it's not too gross we are planning on seeing Feist at the folkfest on saturday night.

No comments:
Post a Comment