why bring hope where it once was forgotten?
sons are like birds, flying always over the mountain
-Iron and Wine
Made it home from ultimate with a scraped knee and an intact back today. Sarah had my bus pass so I had to bike to the MSAC to get a ride from Lise. It sometimes seems like biking is going to be hard work but it never is really. I've never been biking and thought that I'd rather be in a bus or a car. Especially in the summer it's just so nice to be outside in the cool evening air, quietly gliding along. I finally got my clicking pedals figured out, so my bike really is a silent machine.
Ultimate was really fun tonight. We came out on top of a very competitive first game, despite the other team calling some questionable fouls. Ultimate totally depends on teams self regulating (there's no ref), which works very well pretty much all of the time, but can sometimes be frusterating, especially if you feel like someone is trying to take advantage of your good nature. The second game was against this rag tag group of 30 somethings, who ended up beating us. At first they looked like nothing special, but had a few guys who would huck it to these huge girls in the end zone who would never seem to drop it..... At the end of the game I realized their name was the discombobulators. I thought it apt.
Work is the same. I've decided to really try and make learning medicine my focus (fancy that). Get the stuff done I need to on the project, but spend most of my time trying to pick up stuff in clinic.
Trav sent me a cool link on different dimensions. I don't know much about string theory and quantum mechanics and what not, but the imagination required to come up with these theories boggles my mind. Like trying to imagine the earth is round and moving at a great velocity when you've believed it to be flat your whole life. Anyhow, check it out if you like.
Going home this weekend. Looking forward to the lake and hopefully having a nice time with my family. My mom seems anxious about selling the house and my dad is busy as usual. Katie is working three jobs but is getting some time off to hang out. I anticipate some tension between friends and family as usual when I'm home, but think it will work itself out. As my family's overall happiness with my behaviour waxes and wanes, I'm fairly certain I'm at a low point these days. It is relatively predictable due to my poor performance on birth/mother/father days. I think I might have to forgo receiving presents entirely in order for things to stop being stressful for everyone involved. I would have to manage a few perfect years of timely and appropriate gifts...that's 3 gifts a year for both mom and dad, as well as punctual and courteous thank you notes. The first few years would be be met with lots of surprise and smatterings of sarcasm but I'm sure I could work my way into the clear. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's possible. As per my own theory on gift giving, I have bought a few presents this past week as I had time to look and some ideas on what everyone might like. No occasion, except that I owe them for previous lackings. The thing is, for my familly anyhow, this is a little pointless. They will no doubt appreciate them, but it won't come close to the disapointment they felt on their birthday.
I'm not sure if this will go over too well. I guess I'll sleep on it.
sons are like birds, flying always over the mountain
-Iron and Wine
Made it home from ultimate with a scraped knee and an intact back today. Sarah had my bus pass so I had to bike to the MSAC to get a ride from Lise. It sometimes seems like biking is going to be hard work but it never is really. I've never been biking and thought that I'd rather be in a bus or a car. Especially in the summer it's just so nice to be outside in the cool evening air, quietly gliding along. I finally got my clicking pedals figured out, so my bike really is a silent machine.
Ultimate was really fun tonight. We came out on top of a very competitive first game, despite the other team calling some questionable fouls. Ultimate totally depends on teams self regulating (there's no ref), which works very well pretty much all of the time, but can sometimes be frusterating, especially if you feel like someone is trying to take advantage of your good nature. The second game was against this rag tag group of 30 somethings, who ended up beating us. At first they looked like nothing special, but had a few guys who would huck it to these huge girls in the end zone who would never seem to drop it..... At the end of the game I realized their name was the discombobulators. I thought it apt.
Work is the same. I've decided to really try and make learning medicine my focus (fancy that). Get the stuff done I need to on the project, but spend most of my time trying to pick up stuff in clinic.
Trav sent me a cool link on different dimensions. I don't know much about string theory and quantum mechanics and what not, but the imagination required to come up with these theories boggles my mind. Like trying to imagine the earth is round and moving at a great velocity when you've believed it to be flat your whole life. Anyhow, check it out if you like.
Going home this weekend. Looking forward to the lake and hopefully having a nice time with my family. My mom seems anxious about selling the house and my dad is busy as usual. Katie is working three jobs but is getting some time off to hang out. I anticipate some tension between friends and family as usual when I'm home, but think it will work itself out. As my family's overall happiness with my behaviour waxes and wanes, I'm fairly certain I'm at a low point these days. It is relatively predictable due to my poor performance on birth/mother/father days. I think I might have to forgo receiving presents entirely in order for things to stop being stressful for everyone involved. I would have to manage a few perfect years of timely and appropriate gifts...that's 3 gifts a year for both mom and dad, as well as punctual and courteous thank you notes. The first few years would be be met with lots of surprise and smatterings of sarcasm but I'm sure I could work my way into the clear. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's possible. As per my own theory on gift giving, I have bought a few presents this past week as I had time to look and some ideas on what everyone might like. No occasion, except that I owe them for previous lackings. The thing is, for my familly anyhow, this is a little pointless. They will no doubt appreciate them, but it won't come close to the disapointment they felt on their birthday.
I'm not sure if this will go over too well. I guess I'll sleep on it.

2 comments:
Trav Blog Count = 1
Blogs Great Dude, keep it coming, easy way for this BC kid in a Ontario World to keep in touch
Dude - you also forgot my birthday.
No thank you card for you!
Post a Comment